labruscagrape - [OFEX] Court Pendu Plat

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [OFEX] Court Pendu Plat
  • Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:09:59 -0400

Hello All,

I just noticed that all three apples on my court pendu plat have begun to russet. I am afraid the powdery mildew infection has finally got to them.

Sometime during the recent heavy rains they must have turned. The were lovely green apples up until a day or two ago.

Where can a person send fruit in Ontario to have it tested/identified for specific disease?

I am going to continue to pick of leaves (severly damaged), and spraying with Bordo copper spray in hopes of killing off whatever it is. When the leaf gets to the point it looks like tight leaf roller damage, I remove it.

New growth does not appear damaged at this point (tiny 1/4" leaves, at terminal bud). I'll keep trying.

Any sggestions on testing? Back in Massachusetts I would just send a sample off to the local Extension Office. No idea if Ontario has similar.

Thanks,