labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Update & a couple questions.

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Thomas Olenio" <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Update & a couple questions.
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 08:58:19 -0400

On Thu, 26 May 2005 06:30:19 -0400, bert dunn <helbert@idirect.com> wrote:

Man, I thought I was out-of-control until I read Biz's e-mail, tiny part of it below. I do not bury, mulch, wrap, mound grapes. I decided years ago they must make it on their own.
Cheers Bert

Hi Bert,

It appears my Isabella grape is dead to the ground (new growth coming). This river valley must be a darn cold micro-climate. Many grapes you can grow in zone 4 will not survive my zone 5.

I can only assume a colder micro climate. We always seem to have winter wind too. Same wind is welcome in summer.

Later,