labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Update & a couple questions.

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "bert dunn" <helbert@idirect.com>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Update & a couple questions.
  • Date: Thu, 26 May 2005 06:30:19 -0400

Man, I thought I was out-of-control until I read Biz's e-mail, tiny part of it below.
I do not bury, mulch, wrap, mound grapes.  I decided years ago they must make it on their own.
Cheers            Bert

snip
The grapes are just beginning to show buds. We tried an experiment with mounding and wrapping half the grapes, and leaving the remainder untouched. Those that were protected look a great deal stronger. Bert - do you wrap yours, even if only for the first year or two?
snip