labruscagrape - Re: [OFEX] Leaf Status

labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Ontario Fruit Explorers

  • From: "Joe Boles" <jo.bo@rogers.com>
  • To: "Ontario Fruit Explorers" <labruscagrape@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [OFEX] Leaf Status
  • Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2005 12:48:52 -0400

As of today, Apricot is in bloom (this is only a branch on a plum tree)
Pembina plum is at white tip
Opata cherryplum just starting into white tip
other hybrid plums are nearing white tipe
Early Italian plum at green tip
Lapins cherry leafed out and flower buds swelling
Grapes brown buds swelling
various pears at pre-bloom, should show white tip before a week is out
various apples from green tip to pre-bloom, no white tip yet
Saskatoons have leafed out, to young to bloom
Ribes all leafed out, Red Jacket goose berry starting to bloom, Random Red gooseberry almost at bloom.

I run into the same problem every year, when pears and apples should be sprayed at pre-bloom it is always raining.

    Joe