internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Fast Printers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Josh Vickery <internetworkers AT vickeryj.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Fast Printers
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 10:28:25 -0500

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 8:17 AM, Colleen McCarthy <cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com>
wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I'm finding that there are times when I need to print large documents at
> home quickly. Can anyone recommend a good (used is fine) volume printer?

How fast do you want the printer to print? The larger office style
printers can print around 60 pages per minute, but those are huge and
probably out of your price range.

Many of the less expensive home laser printers can do a fairly
respectable job of printing large documents. The one I have at home
prints at 23 pages per minute, which seems to be fast enough for my
needs. I have the lowest end Brother printer which I picked up from
Office Max for about $80. There are more expensive models which offer
faster print speeds, duplexing units and network capabilities. Their
higher speed model, at 30 pages per minute, is going for $100 at
office max right now
(http://www.officemax.com/omax/catalog/sku.jsp?skuId=21065525&category_Id=364).

Josh