internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Your Own Personal Fold-up Plane

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Your Own Personal Fold-up Plane
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 15:46:38 -0400

On Aug 22, 2008, at 3:24 PM, "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com> wrote:

I've heard a bunch of different stories but the wikipedia article seems to wrap most of them up in one:

In aviation lore, the traditional removal of a new pilot's shirt tail is a sign of the instructor's new confidence in his student.

In the days of tandem trainers, the instructor would tug at the students shirt tail whenever he was getting himself into trouble. After the first solo, the new pilot is competent in the air does not need such a safety device.

I had mine mounted in a picture frame (actually my wife did that.. and I have to admit, it looks really cool).

The explanation is a lot less interesting than I imagined :-)