internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Anyone else have trouble getting their iPhone's AT&T Account?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Anyone else have trouble getting their iPhone's AT&T Account?
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:32:08 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 14 Mar 2008, Michael Czeiszperger wrote:
And who's in charge of activation? The problem is getting worse. The
AT&T store said they would swap SIM cards, but they have no capability
to sign me up with AT&T, or find out why the first activation failed,
or activate the phone with the new SIM card. I called the iPhone
support line, and they said they could help me fill out my name and
address on the activation page, but there is no way of finding out why
the first activation failed, and also couldn't activate the phone over
the phone.

Obviously the online activation process has a major flaw in that it
has zero capacity to handle the case that something goes wrong.

My experience is it is AT&T's fault. When I bought mine and my wifes we couldn't activate them that first night. SO they told me to activate them as GoPhones (prepaid) and they would switch the account the next week. It took 2 months to get it switched. Other than that the phone is awesome. AT&T's coverage is comprable to Alltel's (my previous provider) these days. So I'm pretty happy with that part of it.

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
Rod-O-Rama http://www.rod-o-rama.com
Vagabonds C.C. http://www.vagabonds.cc
'57 Buick Riviera, '60 International B100
'23 Buick Roadster, '90 Ducati 750 Sport