internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Word Processor for Mouse Hater

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Word Processor for Mouse Hater
  • Date: Sat, 9 Feb 2008 13:39:19 -0500

on Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 12:34:02PM -0500, Thomas Beckett wrote:

> I wonder if one can still find an older version of WordPerfect out
> there. I used and loved WP for a long time, until I found that it was
> simply not interoperable with Word, which everyone else was using.

I thought all you lawyer types had to stick with WP5 because any and
all versions of Word were so fast and loose with automatic reformatting
that it was literally too risky to use for legal documents.

> P.S. Yes, I found WP 6.1 on eBay. $98.00 Buy It Now. That says
> something about the application, doesn't it?

Says more about the seller, and the sad history of WordPerfect as a
company - they produced some great software, which didn't need to be
updated often, had all the features anyone really wanted, and so they
went broke and sold out to Corel.

http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite/us/en/Product/1152105038419

(Love the meaningful URLs. "I'd like to buy one one five two one oh
five oh three eight four one nine, please!")

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2553 w: http://hesketh.com/
antispam news, solutions for sendmail, exim, postfix: http://enemieslist.com/