internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Monitor help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Scott Russell <catfather AT donpoo.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Monitor help
  • Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2008 20:58:26 -0500

On Wed, 2008-02-06 at 13:30 -0700, davidbr AT davidbr.com wrote:
> I do not know mac but you want to hook up with the monitor that works, set
> your resolution low and then plug the 21 incher back in.
>
> Can someone rephrase what I said into "Mac Speak" ?

If going 1024x768 doesn't fix it (check the Displays control panel) then
I'm betting you're missing some of the pins on the D15 connection. Pin 9
may be missing. That's the key and normal on older displays. Typically
we sense if a display is connected on the green pin (2) or on green
return (7). So, in short, look at the display connector and see if
you've got a any bent or missing pins.

--
Scott <catfather AT donpoo.net>
AIM: BlueCame1