internetworkers - [internetworkers] Monitor help

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: dave.m.parker AT gsk.com
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Monitor help
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2008 14:44:33 -0500

Hello folks,

I have a 21" Gateway CRT monitor that David Brain was kind enough to give to me, but I can't get it to work on my G4 Mac. I'm connecting it through a standard 15-pin connector, but the monitor won't pick up the signal from the computer.

That is, most of the time it won't. I have an LCD monitor that works just fine on the Mac, and if I connect it, boot up the Mac, then disconnect the LCD and connect the CRT, the CRT works. But if I have to reboot the machine, the CRT stops working again.

An Apple-certified friend of mine thinks it might be a resolution problem. Might any of you Mac gurus have any insight into how I can fix this?

Thanks again, y'all are geniuses.

- Dave P.

Oh, also, I can't connect it to the DVI port because the adapter I have has a slightly different configuration.