internetworkers - [internetworkers] XML Question

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: dave.m.parker AT gsk.com
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] XML Question
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 10:40:07 -0400

Hey everybody,

Some folks here at my workplace want to start providing manuscripts as XML files instead of Word docs. I'm confused by this, because I thought XML was just a markup language. At any rate, I have these files named "whatever.xml" and I don't know how to view them; if everything works right the only content I should see is the manuscript text, which I should then be able to copy and paste into other applications.

Can anyone help? Sorry for the lack of details but I haven't been provided with any.

- Dave P.

Dave Parker
Artwork Operator
Regional Service Center