internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Amazon Prime?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Phillip Rhodes <mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Amazon Prime?
  • Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2007 10:22:03 -0400

Calvin Powers wrote:
> Howdy Internetworkers,
>
> Given how much stuff I buy from Amazon and how much Christmas shopping I
> tend to do through Amazon, I've been wondering if the Amazon Prime
> <https://www.amazon.com/gp/subs/primeclub/signup/main.html/002-4893475-4266441?ie=UTF8&primeMetadata=your%255Faccount%255Fsignup>
> program might be agood deal for me. This is the
> free-shippng-for-$79-per-year deal.

I took advantage of the 3 month free trial last year, but ultimately
dropped it when the trial expired. It seems like a useful program
if you buy a lot of stuff from Amazon. I buy from them fairly often
but not quite enough to justify $80.00.

It might also be worth pointing out that not everything is
eligible for the Prime free shipping. You might want to
spend some time browsing the kinds of things you buy and look
for the little warning "this item is not eligible for Amazon
Prime." If you see too many of those, then maybe it isn't
as good as deal as it seems.

TTYL,

Phil

begin:vcard
fn:Phillip Rhodes
n:Rhodes;Phillip
adr:;;P.O. Box 16905;Chapel Hill;NC;27516;USA
email;internet:mindcrime AT cpphacker.co.uk
tel;home:919-928-0236
url:http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes
version:2.1
end:vcard