internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Amazon Prime?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tarus Balog <tarus AT opennms.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Amazon Prime?
  • Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 23:48:12 -0400

On Aug 26, 2007, at 8:40 PM, Calvin Powers wrote:

Any INWers out there have experience with Amazon Prime? Any gotchas/ surprises with the program?

I had it and liked it, but unfortunately Amazon relied quite a bit on DHL and they were incapable of finding my house (even after multiple shipments). My 2-day deliveries often took longer than a week. Since I tend to spend more than $25/order, the USPS free shipping would have been faster on average. Furthermore, DHL kept *lying* to Amazon, telling them they tried to deliver it and I wasn't there, and one time the timestamp for the nondelivery was while I was on the phone with them hearing the excuse that the plane was just too full for them to process all the packages in a timely matter.

Amazon refunded the $79 for the service (which I'd had for about a year) and the cost of my last order. If they could ever guarantee that DHL was never used as my delivery service I'd sign back up.

I'll never use DHL if I can avoid it.

-T

Tarus Balog, OpenNMS Maintainer Main: +1 919 533 0160
The OpenNMS Group, Inc. Fax: +1 503 961 7746
Skype: tarusb Direct: +1 919 647 4749
Email: tarus AT opennms.org URL: http://www.opennms.org
PGP Key Fingerprint: 8945 8521 9771 FEC9 5481 512B FECA 11D2 FD82 B45C