internetworkers - [internetworkers] Business you'd be better off avoiding: Comfort Engineers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Andrew C. Oliver" <acoliver AT buni.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Business you'd be better off avoiding: Comfort Engineers
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 17:15:48 -0400

After replacing our air conditioning 2 years ago with a Trane...we've had nothing but problems. Duds happen and the manufacturer has been mostly reasonable and gave us an extended 10 year parts/labor warranty (minus freon which we now replace frequently). However after replacing nearly every part Comfort engineers is trying to convince us that:

If you set the thermostat on say 74, that on a hot day (defined as 80oF I guess) then there may be as much as a 10 degree variance. in truth the thermostat says "75" but aiming for 73.. the real temp according to every other thermostat (including one sitting on top of it is 79. The house is actually closer to 85ish. According to comfort engineers this is "normal"...

Having grown up in florida and having air conditioning all my life I'm a bit skeptical that we should be sweating if the temp outside is more than 5 degrees more than our aim inside...

Sometimes turning the air on and off will "fix it" for a little while...but it always goes back to its constant running but not cooling status.

They always have to be "reminded" of our warranty and always "forget". Unfortunately there is a kind of franchise thing in the air con industry that means we can't really go to anyone else.

So we get stuck with a dud and call them every month to fix the damn thing and they charge us for more freon... sorry about the hole in the ozone...

-andy
--
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
http://buni.org