internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Business you'd be better off avoiding: Comfort Engineers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Business you'd be better off avoiding: Comfort Engineers
  • Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 10:48:07 -0400

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
After replacing our air conditioning 2 years ago with a Trane...we've had nothing but problems. Duds happen and the manufacturer has been mostly reasonable and gave us an extended 10 year parts/labor warranty (minus freon which we now replace frequently). However after replacing nearly every part Comfort engineers is trying to convince us that:

If you set the thermostat on say 74, that on a hot day (defined as 80oF I guess) then there may be as much as a 10 degree variance. in truth the thermostat says "75" but aiming for 73.. the real temp according to every other thermostat (including one sitting on top of it is 79. The house is actually closer to 85ish. According to comfort engineers this is "normal"...

It ain't normal. If we set our AC on 68F, we get 68F. You got a
lemon. I would call Trane corporate and complain. Get all the
records and have it ready to tell them. No AC needs monthly
service unless it is way out of whack.
It sounds like the compressor is toast, but IANAHVACT.
Enjoy the weather, Roger
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.