internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] AT&T is evil, reason number 53462

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Esther L." <esther-l AT mailsnare.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] AT&T is evil, reason number 53462
  • Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 15:57:15 -0400

Slimy!

You also need to put an explanation letter on file with all 3 credit bureaus in your credit file.

You can also try the troubleshooter from one of the local TV stations. And the NPR Marketplace Money radio show. www.marketplace.org or money AT marketplace.org for finance question.

Last Sunday's program had a woman who is being pursued for a debt that was illegally moved from her late ex-husband or husband's name to hers.
They couldn't really help, but hopefully it gave MBNA some bad publicity. They did tell her to get a paper trail of notifying all 3 credit bureaus.
Esther

Mark Turner wrote:
Let me throw this out for y'all and see what y'all have to say.

In the past, I worked as a computer consultant. One of the things I did was install Asterisk servers for some local companies. One of those companies has since gone out of business and owes AT&T money. AT&T is now coming after me for the bill the former company owes, thinking that somehow I am responsible for this money. The collection agency somehow obtained my social security number in spite of my never providing it to the defunct company, nor AT&T in relation to the work I did for this defunct company.

--
-- Esther L., esther-L AT mailsnare.net or esther-L AT alumni.virginia.edu
Speaking only for myself