internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] High speed internet connection for church

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] High speed internet connection for church
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:17:25 -0400

I had this same problem with community technology centers (public computer labs) a few years ago. The problem was the same with DSL -- Bell South and Verizon. The community technology centers in low income neighborhoods paid roughly $100/month. Someone (probably in the school system) talked Time Warner into providing free service for a year in a couple of centers in Chapel Hill. I haven't worked with any centers recently. I don't think you'll have much success trying to get lower rates for a church.

Judy Hallman

Lance A. Brown wrote:
Greetings,

Has anyone here done the work to get a high speed internet connection at
their church?

Time Warner is telling me I need to get a business class RR account at
$99/month.

I'm interested what others are doing for this need.

Thanks,
--[Lance]