internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Repiping Recommendations

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Brian Daniels <bitmage AT bellsouth.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Repiping Recommendations
  • Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2007 17:18:58 -0500

On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 04:58:56PM -0500, Paul Cory wrote:
> First, thanks to everyone for the help with the hot water heater.
>
> Long story short, the water heater situation is back to diagosis mode
> because it turns out we had a set of leaks in a hot water pipe in our
> crawl space. Should having that fixed not fix the hot water problem, I
> now have the part on hand to replace the lower element.
>
> However, this latest pipe break has convinced us that the time has
> come to repipe the house to eliminate the crappy polybutylene pipes.
> We figure that this will pay for itself in 4-6 years, given how often
> we've been having plumbers out.
>
> Has anyone done this? What did it cost? Recommendations?

We had our house done by Plumbing Express (919-873-9697). It was an
extensive
repipe on a two-story house, and they did a beautiful job. There were places
where they had to cut access holes in the drywall, and you can't even tell
where
they were. They patched them perfectly.

They've also been quite responsive afterward to questions. Kevin was the
supervisor on our job.

--Brian

--
Be it thy course to busy giddy minds
With foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out,

Brian Daniels bitmage AT bellsouth.net
http://www.eviloverlord.net