internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Congress wants to monitor all Emails, IMs, Etc.

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Congress wants to monitor all Emails, IMs, Etc.
  • Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:56:44 -0500

on Wed, Feb 14, 2007 at 08:04:09AM -0500, Christian Stalberg wrote:
> A bill introduced last week by Representative Lamar Smith (R-TX) is
> beginning to raise eyebrows.
>
> [It] would require ISPs to record all users' surfing activity, IM
> conversations and email traffic indefinitely.

I wonder why the gov't would put the responsibility for such tracking in
the hands of ISPs, when all they have to do is ask the NSA for copies by
way of AT&T? And how do you imprison an "ISP", exactly? A chroot jail?

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2553 w: http://hesketh.com/
antispam news, solutions for sendmail, exim, postfix: http://enemieslist.com/