internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Network Storage for the Home/Small Office

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ken Pugh <kpughmisc AT pughkilleen.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Network Storage for the Home/Small Office
  • Date: Wed, 06 Dec 2006 17:55:34 -0500

Thanks for your comments on Network Storage.

newegg provided me with a good look at all the possibilities.

I pondered and pondered and read and read again all the reviews. I really want this box to be practically bullet-proof. I finally decided on the Infrant RNV2 with 1.6 TB of storage (4 x 440 GB).

It's not the cheapest by any means, but newegg's price was really good. I figured this box is going to last me a long while, so over the long haul, the cost isn't as great.

Ken

Okay, so how much you ask: $1299 plus $14 shipping. Depending on how you price the drives, that makes the enclosure around $500 to $600.