internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Replacing a 2.5" drive in a Macbook Pro

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Ian Meyer <ianmeyer AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Replacing a 2.5" drive in a Macbook Pro
  • Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 01:44:19 -0400

Only catch there is creating a RAID in disk utility erases the drives, and starts you with a clean slate.

Also, instead of Carbon Copy Cloner, I just use the "asr" command line tool that it hooked into by itself: "$ asr restore source=/ Volumes/Boot -target=/Volumes/Backup" and it'll do a complete clone, straight from the running system.

~Ian