internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Older PDAs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Older PDAs
  • Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 18:29:54 -0400

on Wed, Aug 23, 2006 at 08:41:51PM -0400, S B wrote:
> >> Why carry around several devices if you can get it all in one?
>
> I tried that approach a few years back with the Kyocera 6035.
>
> For me it was too much of a compromise - as a PDA it was too small, as a
> phone it was *wayyyyy* too big and bulky.

I've still got mine, and liked it so much I got a used one for Heather
when her phone finally died. They're on their last legs now (having some
trouble with some of the buttons on the keypad, especially the 'off'
button) and I'm looking for something similar (phone, PalmOS PDA, syncs
with MacOS X). Size isn't that big a deal; either way it's better than
the old Nokia snickerbar phone and Palm III it replaced. But then I wear
cargo shorts ten months out of the year, so... YMMV.

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2553 w: http://hesketh.com/
antispam news, solutions for sendmail, exim, postfix: http://enemieslist.com/