internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Older PDAs

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: cmccarthy1 AT nc.rr.com, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Older PDAs
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 20:23:21 -0400

Colleen McCarthy wrote:
Hi Folks,

A fiend of mine just bought an older PDA (I think it was a Palm 5) on eBay for $18.00. I am looking for a PDA also-- just an electronic address book that will synch with my Outlook Contacts. I know that many of you have had PDAs for many years. If any of you could offer answers to these questions, I would appreciate it :)!

Is there anything else that I might want?
How much memory should I look for?
What accessories should I look for?
Is there anything that I should avoid?

I would look at cell phones. If you already carry one anyway,
why not have the PDA functions in your phone? You might be able
to upgrade with your current carrier to a new model that would
offer PDA capabilities. Why carry around several devices if you
can get it all in one?
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.