internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] So what happened to ice skating?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "david cherryholmes" <david.cherryholmes AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] So what happened to ice skating?
  • Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 09:19:34 -0400

On 7/6/06, zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org> wrote:

Now I'm not going that far, but I feel there is more than enough evidence
to not blindly dismiss it. Hell gravity is still a theory.

Sure, with all the accompanying weight of qualifications necessary
before something in science is accepted as a theory. I mean, the
theory of gravity is not exactly on the same intellectual footing as,
say, economic theory. I wouldn't say global warming has quite the
weight of empirical evidence behind it that gravity does, but I'd say
it's far closer to the former than the latter.

--

David