internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Mac software recommendations?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Mac software recommendations?
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:38:24 -0400

On May 31, 2006, at 3:21 PM, Michael Tucker wrote:

Which is the best email/address/calendaring combination to use on the Mac?
The default Mail and Address, iCal apps? Thunderbird? Any advice? FYI- I
currently use outlook, and its email, address book, and calendaring
features. I was just going to switch everything over to the Mac's default
apps, but thought maybe you guys had other ideas/options that you might
recommend.

The default applications are very well designed. Mail, in particular, in my opinion as good as any email application out there, and I've used Outlook, Netscape, the command line, and KMail. I use the default applications for personal use, but for business I use Daylite from www.marketcircle.com. It integrates with Mail so that when an email comes in I can keep track of which client and project the person is associated with. That way, I can click on a single customer, and see a list of emails from everyone who works at that company, or who's working on a particular project.

"We are all capable of believing things which we know to be untrue, and then, when we are finally proved wrong, impudently twisting the facts so as to show that we were right. Intellectually, it is possible to carry on this process for an indefinite time: The only check on it is that sooner or later a false belief bumps up against solid reality, usually on a battlefield."
-- G. Orwell