internetworkers - [internetworkers] Mac software recommendations?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Michael Tucker" <michaeltucker AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Mac software recommendations?
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 15:21:37 -0400

Hi everybody,

I just picked up one of the Intel MacBooks. I've been a long time Windows
user, and as I look at setting up the Mac, and converting all my data, I was
hoping to mine the collective Mac intelligence in Internetworker land and
ask for advice.

Which is the best email/address/calendaring combination to use on the Mac?
The default Mail and Address, iCal apps? Thunderbird? Any advice? FYI- I
currently use outlook, and its email, address book, and calendaring
features. I was just going to switch everything over to the Mac's default
apps, but thought maybe you guys had other ideas/options that you might
recommend.

By the way, the last Mac I used with any regularity had system 7 on it, so
that's how long I have been out of the fold.

-Michael Tucker

PS-drop me a line if you know of any gotchas with respect to migrating MS
Money data on the PC to Quicken on the Mac...