internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Muslim Islam Networking Website - Craigslist Look-Alike

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Greg Brown" <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Muslim Islam Networking Website - Craigslist Look-Alike
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 10:59:17 -0400

Interesting.   The first article doesn't give me much hope though.   It reads to me that the US has somehow provoked Iran into an arms race and unless we back down Iran will continue.

Um.. yeah, we did do just that.  Remember the "Axis of Evil" speech?  What about the baseless invasion of Iraq?  These decisions due to intellectual diminished capacity our of own leaders had a very real impact on the lives of people in the middle east.  They are scared of another baseless invasion of their country.  So when a sabre rattler comes along spouting how he's going to protect his own people from the war mongers people listen.  And this isn't the first time this scenario has played out on the International landscape, it's just the most recent.  Really, the leader or Iran isn't any more to the Right of Bush.  Bush is happy if your are a Christian with a DUI and the leader of Iran is happy if you are a fundamentalist Muslim.  Both don't leave much room or consideration for opposing viewpoints or religions.

But what if Iran's government views the existence of the United States the problem in the first place?  I mean their current president seems pretty nutty

No more nutty then Bush or Cheney.  Lobbying Congress for permission to use TORTURE?  You've got to be kidding me.

I try not to let it but the seemingly 'you are all evil unless you believe as we do' mentality that is portrayed of islam really makes me wonder some nights.

I think I've covered this one already.

---
Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!   http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/