internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Squirrels in my attic

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Steven Champeon <schampeo AT hesketh.com>
  • To: internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Squirrels in my attic
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2006 10:28:34 -0400

on Wed, Apr 19, 2006 at 09:53:37AM -0400, wuzzled AT nc.rr.com wrote:
> I have squirrels in my attic. (Sort of like snakes on a plane, but
> different.) I don't mind houseguests, but these were uninvited, and
> they're making a mess of my insulation!

First, figure out how they got in and block that access. We had some in
our attic (ate through a rotten place in one of the eaves) and it took
us rebuilding the rotted bits to keep them out.

> Anyone have exterminator recommendations? Any idea how much it's going
> to cost? The all-knowing internet tells me it's possible to tackle this
> is as a DIY project, but that sounds a bit scary. Anybody done it?

I tried putting mothballs in the hole - they ate them. I heard they
really dislike pepper spray, and you can put vinegar in half-milk-jugs
nailed to the rafters, that supposedly keeps them away, too, but YMMV.

Good luck. I hate squirrels.

--
hesketh.com/inc. v: +1(919)834-2552 f: +1(919)834-2554 w: http://hesketh.com/
antispam news, solutions for sendmail, exim, postfix: http://enemieslist.com/