internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] "You can get shot in Cary, too!"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] "You can get shot in Cary, too!"
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:36:18 -0500 (EST)

http://tomkarches.blogspot.com/
About

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006, Tom Karches wrote:

+On 3/3/06, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com> wrote:
+>
+> Tom,
+>
+> You completely miss the point. It isn't the comparison that's
+> interesting, it's the fact that there have been NO murders in Durham
+> so far this year. That's extremely GOOD news. Let's hope that
+> streak stays like it is for as long as possible.
+>
+
+I agree that the comparison is uninteresting. I did not miss the
+point, I am making a different point.
+
+My point is that the comparison of murder rates between a single city
+and an aggregaton of cities is meaningless, yet it is presented as
+data that I am expected to percieve as useful.
+
+I get your/their point. Any time people are not getting killed, it is good
news.
+
+How did you know I live in Cary? :-)
+
+--Tom
+--
+Tom Karches
+tkarches AT gmail.com
+---
+Come and play at the InterNetWorkers Web site!
http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/
+You are currently subscribed to InterNetWorkers mailing list
+To unsubscribe visit
+

Paul Jones
"Work as if you live in the early days of a better nation." Alasdair Gray
http://www.ibiblio.org/pjones/blog/
pjones AT ibiblio.org voice: (919) 962-7600 fax: (919) 962-8071