internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] "You can get shot in Cary, too!"

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Tom Karches" <tkarches AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] "You can get shot in Cary, too!"
  • Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 11:33:57 -0500

On 3/3/06, Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com> wrote:

> Tom,
>
> You completely miss the point. It isn't the comparison that's
> interesting, it's the fact that there have been NO murders in Durham
> so far this year. That's extremely GOOD news. Let's hope that
> streak stays like it is for as long as possible.

I agree that the comparison is uninteresting. I did not miss the
point, I am making a different point.

My point is that the comparison of murder rates between a single city
and an aggregaton of cities is meaningless, yet it is presented as
data that I am expected to percieve as useful.

I get your/their point. Any time people are not getting killed, it is good
news.

How did you know I live in Cary? :-)

--Tom
--