internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Live chat from vendor sites?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Chad Ingham <wap AT visi.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Live chat from vendor sites?
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:50:23 -0500

I recently ended up using support chat for some software. I went to the companies support "Contact Us" page and was suprisingly presented with a chat screen. This was late at night (around midnight) but there was somebody on the other end. Not only was the person pleasant but she solved my issues quickly. Nice thing about chat was that I was able to paste some error text right into the chat window, also. I'd strongly suggest obtaining chat for support services as I was a very happy customer after that experience. I don't mind support by email but it's always that "how long do I have to wait now" feeling after submitting that form.