internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Live chat from vendor sites?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Live chat from vendor sites?
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 12:39:39 -0500

On 2/13/06, Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org> wrote:

> On Feb 13, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Lyman Green wrote:
>
> > On 2/13/06, Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org> wrote:
> >> I was wondering how many people are using chat services on vendor
> >> sites? I personally never use chat, but like email vs. phone its a
> >> personal preference, and so I'm wondering if there's enough people at
> >> there to justify adding that to my business website.
> >>
> >> Thoughts?
> >>

> > Do you mean chat for support services? Or just social chat?
>
> Sales or support...

Got it. Well as a heavy internet shopper/user I like the option for
support. Not sure how much I'd use it for sales. I don't end up
using it very often but I really like that I can should I need it. I
have used Fujitsu or it might have been Toshiba's online chat (for
support).

It definitely allowed me to cut through the red tape.

Lyman
--
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off
the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the