internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Will wireless suffice for an office of 12?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jim Ray <jim AT neuse.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Will wireless suffice for an office of 12?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:17:16 -0500

wireless is great for surfing the web at a hotel or other hot spot when you're on the road. certain protocols like the ones used for email are more sensitive and do not always work well with wireless. you're better off running wires.

regards,

jim

Jim Ray, President
Neuse River Network, Inc.

tel: 919-838-1672 x111
toll free: 800-617-7652
cell: 919-606-1772
http://www.Neuse.Net

Ask about our Clean Technologies. Established in the Carolinas 1997.

Tony Spencer wrote:

I need more office space and I'm looking at a vacant suite below my current
office. The problem is that it isn't wired with CAT5. I can drop an
ethernet wire down there and install a good wireless router. Do you think
that it's a bad idea to attempt to use wireless for a dozen employees?

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

begin:vcard
fn:Jim Ray
n:Ray;Jim
org:Neuse River Network, Inc.
adr:;;2610 Vanderbilt Ave.;Raleigh;NC;27607-7247;US
email;internet:jim AT neuse.net
title:President
tel;work:919-838-1672 x111
note:Ask about our Clean Technologies.  Established in the Carolinas 1997.
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
url:http://www.neuse.net
version:2.1
end:vcard