internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Help! Anyone Know of a Reliable, Affordable Hardware Technician?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tom Karches <tkarches AT gmail.com>
  • To: idodesign AT earthlink.net, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Help! Anyone Know of a Reliable, Affordable Hardware Technician?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:29:50 -0500

On 1/24/06, Susan LaBarre <idodesign AT earthlink.net> wrote:
> The 2.0 high speed USB hub is plugged into an ac outlet so I guess it IS
> powered.
> My Logitech combo wireless mouse(ps2)/keyboard connectors are plugged into a
> small Targus port replicator (which I needed for the ps2 connection and my
> older laser printer). The Logitech combo is around 2 years old.
> The Targus port replicator is plugged into the 4-port USB 2 hub (which also
> has my scanner and pocket scandisk plugged in).
>
> Both the USB 2.0 hub and the IPOD charger are plugged into the two usb ports
> on the back of my Dell laptop.
> If I keep the IPOD charger plugged into the USB port, the mouse eventually
> freezes.
>
> Thanks for the continued suggestions... I'm still looking for a solution
> that doesn't involve plugging and unplugging USB cords ... especially right
> now with a broken right arm.

The replicator could be an issue. I would start with upgrading to a
USB keyboard and mouse. The nice thing about the USB peripherals is
that they can be hot plugged.

Perhaps you can borrow them from someone to see if it helps. You have
so much stuff going on and should simplify. Would probably pay for
itself in reduced support calls.

--Tom

--
Tom Karches