internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Help! Anyone Know of a Reliable, Affordable Hardware Technician?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Susan LaBarre" <idodesign AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Help! Anyone Know of a Reliable, Affordable Hardware Technician?
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 11:37:41 -0500

Thanks to all those who responded to my pleas for help yesterday... a
technician came by 30 minutes after I sent the email to you all... the darn
thing started right up after resting for 48 hours... but there still seems
to be a conflict that freezes my wireless mouse (Logitech Combo with
Keyboard) when my new IPOD gets plugged into the laptop's usb port. (Apple's
tech support insists the IPOD should be plugged directly into the computer's
usb vs a usb hub or risk database corruption.)

The technician's final advice was: eject the wireless mouse before updating
my IPOD and use the touchpad; then eject the IPOD and replug in the wireless
mouse. I was hoping maybe someone here may have had some experience with
this conflict and has a better answer because (in the long run) it is
definitely annoying to have to keep unplugging and replugging usb devices
from a home-based system.

Susan