internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Help! Anyone Know of a Reliable, Affordable Hardware Technician?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Susan LaBarre" <idodesign AT earthlink.net>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Help! Anyone Know of a Reliable, Affordable Hardware Technician?
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 11:34:27 -0500

The 2.0 high speed USB hub is plugged into an ac outlet so I guess it IS
powered.
My Logitech combo wireless mouse(ps2)/keyboard connectors are plugged into a
small Targus port replicator (which I needed for the ps2 connection and my
older laser printer). The Logitech combo is around 2 years old.
The Targus port replicator is plugged into the 4-port USB 2 hub (which also
has my scanner and pocket scandisk plugged in).

Both the USB 2.0 hub and the IPOD charger are plugged into the two usb ports
on the back of my Dell laptop.
If I keep the IPOD charger plugged into the USB port, the mouse eventually
freezes.

Thanks for the continued suggestions... I'm still looking for a solution
that doesn't involve plugging and unplugging USB cords ... especially right
now with a broken right arm.