internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Happy 7th Anniversary, INW!

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Jim Allman <jim AT ibang.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Happy 7th Anniversary, INW!
  • Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 16:40:42 -0500

On Dec 2, 2005, at 4:12 PM, Ruth Suehle wrote:
So where should we go for January?

Has anybody been to the new place that replaced Ooh La Latte to see what
it's like? http://broadstreetcafe.org/

It's nice, actually. Very laid back, with good food (toasted sandwiches, treats, etc) and coffee. I believe the new management were part of the Ooh La's team.

When it was Ooh La Latte, the decor was an avalanche of kitsch, vintage baby clothes, artwork, and Japanese toys. It's not quite so overwhelming now.

Practically speaking, they have plenty of room and lots of comfy sofas. No big round tables though. Probably a good space for mingling. Oh, and WiFi.

One thing to keep an eye on is their operating hours, which vary throughout the week. (See the URL above.) But I believe they'll make exceptions for a large group, so by all means call ahead.

=jimA=

Jim Allman
Interrobang Digital Media
http://www.ibang.com/