internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] November Meeting

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: uzoma nwosu <uzoma.nwosu AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] November Meeting
  • Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 17:50:21 -0500

Yeah, it happened, sort of.   And I think we've learned a valuable lesson: there may be no need for inet-announce.  Don posted the announcement strictly to that list and not to the discussion list.  The only people who showed up were folks on inet-plan.  Now I'm not saying that we should get rid of inet-announce just yet.  But  it clearly says to me that the bulk of the people who go to gatherings are exclusively on the discussion list.

But have no fear, I booked the Speakeasy in Carrboro yesterday for December.  There will be announcements on all lists. Don't forget that our anniversaries also includes the givefest so start looking for stuff to donate to the Salvation Army.  Speaking of army, I would love for some volunteer to help with care packages for the troops.  That would be a different donation bin, or course.  Matusiak did this last year but I think he's loaded with work these days...

Oh, we will also have a logo contest for the new INW site.  Details coming soon...

uzoma