internetworkers - [internetworkers] Cheap but good non-profit web hosting?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov
  • To: Internetworkers <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [internetworkers] Cheap but good non-profit web hosting?
  • Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 12:43:18 -0400

Hi y'all;

I know this has been discussed before, but I could only find one or two
specific mentions in the archives.... I'm seeking recommendations for a
cheap but good web hosting provider for a small local nonprofit. Very
low traffic, mostly static pages. I would lean toward Linux/UNIX
hosting, but would consider Windows. Would prefer if we could also get a
"free" domain registered thru the host. No more than $25 a month,
preferably less. I saw a referral for WestHost, they look pretty good,
and I know of LaughingSquid, but LS doesn't do domains. Any others you'd
recommend? (I'd like to be able to give the group a couple of choices)

Thanks,
Paula