internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Cheap but good non-profit web hosting?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Judy Hallman <hallman AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Cheap but good non-profit web hosting?
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 11:13:49 -0400

Hi Paula,

RTPnet hosting is $60/year. That includes 2 Mailman email lists, five email aliases, and member discounts for things like conferences. We recommend register.com through Deltaforce for the domain, but GoDaddy or one of the cheap ones is fine. See http://www.rtpnet.org/hosting/ for details.

We are a volunteer-based nonprofit. What income we make goes into community projects, mostly into Americorps VISTAs for local projects. See http://www.rtpnet.org/rtpnet/vista.shtml and also http://www.rtpnet.org/rtpnet/projects.shtml

Though we are volunteer-based, our service is VERY good.

Judy Hallman (hallman AT rtpnet.org, http://www.rtpnet.org/hallman)
Executive Director, RTPnet, NC (http://www.rtpnet.org/)
------------------

childers.paula AT epamail.epa.gov wrote:
Hi y'all;

I know this has been discussed before, but I could only find one or two
specific mentions in the archives.... I'm seeking recommendations for a
cheap but good web hosting provider for a small local nonprofit. Very
low traffic, mostly static pages. I would lean toward Linux/UNIX
hosting, but would consider Windows. Would prefer if we could also get a
"free" domain registered thru the host. No more than $25 a month,
preferably less. I saw a referral for WestHost, they look pretty good,
and I know of LaughingSquid, but LS doesn't do domains. Any others you'd
recommend? (I'd like to be able to give the group a couple of choices)

Thanks,
Paula

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/