internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] SSL Consulting?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] SSL Consulting?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:10:09 -0400

On Sep 14, 2005, at 12:59 PM, Craig Duncan wrote:

Depends on what you are looking to do. If you find that you have a lot
of transactions, you will want to consider adding a SSL accelerator card
to offload from the processor - but you may not have that option on a
hosted box. If you want to have SSL support for multiple domains, you
should consider a wildcard certificate, and since you want to have a
trust relationship with your customers, you should buy from one of the
big name vendors, rather than becoming your own certificate authority.

Hi Craig--

I should have been more specific, but the help I'm talking about is for our application, not our web server :-)

I used to read, but its faster to just make up stuff. -- Wally
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC