internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] SSL Consulting?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Craig Duncan <craigduncan AT entuend.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] SSL Consulting?
  • Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 12:59:20 -0400

Depends on what you are looking to do. If you find that you have a lot of transactions, you will want to consider adding a SSL accelerator card to offload from the processor - but you may not have that option on a hosted box. If you want to have SSL support for multiple domains, you should consider a wildcard certificate, and since you want to have a trust relationship with your customers, you should buy from one of the big name vendors, rather than becoming your own certificate authority.

Craig

Michael Czeiszperger wrote:

Is there anyone on the list with expertise on SSL certificate servers? I want to improve SSL support in our product line at Web Performance, and was hoping to find someone who already knew what they were doing rather than spend a few days of my time Googling for the info.

Thanks,

Some try to achieve immortality by performing grand deeds or the accumulation of
great wealth. On the whole I prefer to achieve immortality by not dying. -- Pratchett
-- michael at czeiszperger dot org, Chapel Hill, NC

http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/