internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Triangle apartment hunting

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Triangle apartment hunting
  • Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 10:09:28 -0400

Marcela Christina Musgrove Ch. wrote:
Now I am looking for apartments convenient to RTP where I'll be starting a new job soon so any advice on finding a place that is safe, affordable and won't have me stressing out on I-40 for hours would be appreciated:)

My feeling is that you should live near your interests and commute
to the job. If you spend a lot of time off hours in one of the
local towns, live there. If you spend all your time at work, live
there. The traffic on I-40 is not that bad unless your hours are
very strict. I find driving at odd hours and using broadband/VPN
works well.
I have not heard about safety issues at apartments in RTP.
Most of them are fairly new so they probably have similar price
points. There are apartments in Wake and Durham counties that
are near RTP. Depending on the RTP location, you might want to
look at apartments on Alexander or nearer Southpoint.
I also like to work East of where I work so I'm not driving
into the Sun each way.
--
Visit http://www.misshunt.com/ for fun and creative items including
the famous Clean/Dirty dishwasher magnet, now available in velcro.