internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Triangle apartment hunting

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Roger Austin <raustin3 AT nc.rr.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Triangle apartment hunting
  • Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 20:22:56 -0400

Jake Greene wrote:
yeah, that's bad, but not as bad as the 1500sq/ft first floor 2
bedroom for $430k.

I don't know where you've been, but there are McMansions going
up all over inside the beltline. Many of them "one point" this and
"one point" that. The prices for this development are not that much
different. I wonder what the monthly assessment is going to be since
this place is a condo.
The thing to look at is price per square foot. Most houses will
sell for $100 to $125 per square foot. This development is $250 to
$330 per square foot without the monthly condo assessment. The
difference is usually the finishes inside the house in the the
money rooms (kitchen and bath.) Add ultra-hip appliances, fancy
marble in the bathrooms, solid wood paneling, and all kinds of
fancy trims throughout the house and presto, one point something...
The question is whether they will sell. My gut feeling is that
there may be a market for this type of stuff.
Around Ridge Road, developers are bulldozing houses and building
McMansions up and down the streets. They are selling them to
someone.