internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] star wars

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Lyman Green <lymang AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] star wars
  • Date: Fri, 20 May 2005 10:18:24 -0400

On 5/20/05, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 AT gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/19/05, Tom Boucher <trekkie AT nomorestars.com> wrote:
> >
> > On May 19, 2005, at 8:50 AM, Lyman Green wrote:
> > >
> > > I'll agree with Evan. You could skip Clones, but it probably wouldn't
> > > be too trying to watch it and have a better understanding of what is
> > > going on.
> > > If I were to rank Clones against Phantom I'd say Clones is several
> > > times better than Phantom.
> > >
> > > Lyman
> >
> > Seriously? Clones was like watching paint dry from 2 miles away in a
> > desert. Phantom at least had a really decent lightsaber duel with
> > an awesome soundtrack vs 2 hours of nothing and 20 min of fun.
> >
> > Jar Jar though seriously drug things down, but if you rent the DVD
> > you can fast forward through that.
> > ---
>
> I thought battle(s) at the end of EP 2 were really good. Anakin
> riding that giant tick in the field was downright disturbing, but that
> aside I thought EP 2 was better then EP 1 (though the Darth Maul
> battle was very good).

I hate Jar-Jar. I hated the Pod Races. And I personally felt that
Jake Lloyd's attempt at acting made even Hayden Christensen look like
.. well, pick someone you think can act. I dunno, Kevin Spacey?
Robert DeNiro? Dustin Hoffman? Anyway, I also was horribly distracted
by the contrivances of Phantom. Sure, there were a bunch of them in
Clones as well, but Natalie Portman gets into a nice outfit and
there's a good lightsaber fight a the end of Clones and the (IMO)
action sequence on the water planet between Kenobi and Fett. I liked
that stuff MUCH better than Phantom.

Lyman