internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Adobe/Macromedia merger

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Michael Czeiszperger <michael AT czeiszperger.org>
  • To: kelly AT metalab.unc.edu, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Adobe/Macromedia merger
  • Date: Tue, 3 May 2005 13:55:50 -0400

On May 3, 2005, at 1:36 PM, Kelly Jo Garner wrote:

Anyone - Are there better tools on the market for things like this?

I do find myself with huge stacks o' digipics but sometimes the effort to
categorise each one individually is a drag. Any way to apply a global
keyword and then save as a folder attribute or something?

The new iPhoto allows you to type in a description when importing, and those keywords are then picked up by Spotlight. I've switched to using iView Media Pro, a cross-platform media management program. It has really good performance, the interface is well-thought out, and it handles RAW files well, but not as well as JPG.

http://www.iview-multimedia.com/

F is for Fire that burns down the whole town!
U is for Uranium ... BOMBS!!
N is for No Survivors!!