internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] bluetooth headsets?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Paul Jones <pjones AT metalab.unc.edu>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] bluetooth headsets?
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 13:01:20 -0400 (EDT)

I was looking for slightly less expensive solution ;->

On Fri, 8 Apr 2005, Bill Geschwind wrote:

+I have a really nice Bluetooth "headset" that is made by Toyota. Instead of
+looking dorky it actually looks very cool - I have gotten all kinds of
+compliments on it. One advantage of it is that instead of wearing it on your
+head you climb inside it, so you won't have to worry about it mussing your
+hair or anything like that. In addition to giving you hands-free Bluetooth
+cell phone capabilities it also comes with a GPS-based navigation system and
+a gasoline-electric drive-train which allows this Bluetooth headset to even
+physically transport you between locations very efficiently (approx. 50
+miles for each gallon of unleaded gasoline you put in it). Since I'm still
+stuck with a Treo 600 myself and haven't had a chance to upgrade to the Treo
+650 yet I haven't had a chance to try the Bluetooth capabilities yet, but
+from what I understand it works very well (all kinds of threads on
+www.treocentral.com and www.priuschat.com about it). I can't comment on the
+Mac compatibility of this device. Only downside that I can think of is that
+this Bluetooth device costs around $26,000.
+
+:-)
+Bill
+