internetworkers - RE: [internetworkers] bluetooth headsets?

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: "Bill Geschwind" <geschwin AT email.unc.edu>
  • To: "'Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/'" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [internetworkers] bluetooth headsets?
  • Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 12:19:55 -0400

I have a really nice Bluetooth "headset" that is made by Toyota. Instead of
looking dorky it actually looks very cool - I have gotten all kinds of
compliments on it. One advantage of it is that instead of wearing it on your
head you climb inside it, so you won't have to worry about it mussing your
hair or anything like that. In addition to giving you hands-free Bluetooth
cell phone capabilities it also comes with a GPS-based navigation system and
a gasoline-electric drive-train which allows this Bluetooth headset to even
physically transport you between locations very efficiently (approx. 50
miles for each gallon of unleaded gasoline you put in it). Since I'm still
stuck with a Treo 600 myself and haven't had a chance to upgrade to the Treo
650 yet I haven't had a chance to try the Bluetooth capabilities yet, but
from what I understand it works very well (all kinds of threads on
www.treocentral.com and www.priuschat.com about it). I can't comment on the
Mac compatibility of this device. Only downside that I can think of is that
this Bluetooth device costs around $26,000.

:-)
Bill