internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sell personal information aboutcustomers to advertisers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: zman <zman AT shell.neverwhere.org>
  • To: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>, "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sell personal information aboutcustomers to advertisers
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:54:05 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
I have to reboot my XP machine at work at least once a week. Yes, the mac
on the desk next to it almost never gets rebooted.

The main TriLUG linux server has been up 468 days now (and only had
to be rebooted then because it needed a kernel upgrade). Try that with XP.

All our Windows Servers are automatically rebooted once a week. And they need it otherwise they go wonkie... Out of about 25 XP users 100% reboot at least once a week... as for my Macs, well they don't get rebooted unless an update requires it.... same for all the Macs in the lab... I'm looking at 20+ days on my powerbook right now...

Scott H. Zekanis
zman AT kungfumonkey.com
http://www.rod-o-rama.com
http://www.thehellbenders.com
1959 GMC in Chevy Sheetmetal 1/2 Ton (235" Inline 6)
1923 Buick Roadster (Dual Quad 425" Nailhead) 1990 Ducati 750 Sport