internetworkers - Re: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sell personal information aboutcustomers to advertisers

internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/

  • From: Tanner Lovelace <clubjuggler AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Internetworkers: http://www.ibiblio.org/internetworkers/" <internetworkers AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [internetworkers] Microsoft to sell personal information aboutcustomers to advertisers
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 09:28:55 -0500

On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 22:13:52 -0500, Tony Spencer <tony AT tonyspencer.com> wrote:
> > > It must free up amazing amounts of time (heh - spent on reboots and
> > > reinstalls) to be so ignorant of the world around you.
>
> I can't remember the last time I rebooted and I've never had to reinstall XP
> on any of my machines.

I have to reboot my XP machine at work at least once a week. Yes, the mac
on the desk next to it almost never gets rebooted.

The main TriLUG linux server has been up 468 days now (and only had
to be rebooted then because it needed a kernel upgrade). Try that with XP.

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace